There are two things that are true about Wix and their website builder:
- They make it pretty easy to build a “good” looking website
- They also make it super easy to build a website that won’t rank high on Google.
How To Check If Your Site Has Been Indexed:
First things first, to see why your wix site may not be showing up on Google, try and check to see if your site has been indexed.
To check if your site was indexed by search engines, yoou need to search “site:” followed by your site’s domain with no spaces, for example, site:mukaki.co.uk. If any of your domain’s pages are listed in the search results, good news those pages have been indexed. If there are no results for your domain, your website has not been indexed yet.
If your site have recently create your site, it will take Google anywhere from 4 days and up to 6 months. But before waiting six months we need to make sure your site can currently be crawked by search engines.
How To Make Sure Search Engines (e.g. Google) Can Find Your Site:
- Log into your Wix account and click on SEO Tools in your Wix site dashboard.
- Click General SEO Settings.
- Ensure that the Let search engines index your site toggle is enabled.
Still can’t see your site on Google?
As we mentioned before Wix makes it pretty easy to create a website. But there is so much competition online, that having a website doesn’t guarantee showing up on Google straight away.
If you would like some more insight, we carry out a free audit of your website. Get a free audit HERE.